The G-858 MagMapper is a high sensitivity, fast-sampling ‘walking’ magnetometer. Its console includes a graphical interface that makes survey design and data review simple and efficient. The G-858 provides various modes of operation to allow users to custom design a survey grid for their particular needs. Instrument operators have the ability to view their position on the grid and the current data profile during the survey. Display resolution, audible alerts, sample rate and many other functions are user selectable.
G-858 data acquisition offers either continuous or discrete station recording. The high sampling rate of the instrument in continuous mode allows the operator to survey an area at a fast walking pace. A wider search zone can be achieved by adding a second sensor. Adding a second sensor also provides the ability to measure the magnetic field gradient.
The G-858 is designed to interface easily with standard computers and peripherals. Geometrics encourages clients to provide their own processing computer hardware. Upon the client's request Geometrics will provide a complete and fully integrated processing station at a nominal price.
A basic software package - MagMap™, is supplied as an integral part of the G-858 system.
MagMap software included for:
- Transfer of the raw data to the client PC
- Standard corrections for position errors, transients, and diurnal magnetic field correction
- Export of positioned and edited data in X,Y,Z ASCII columnar format for use with other contouring programs
- In-field coordinate mapping system
- High sensitivity: easily detects single steel drum at 3 m from sensor.
- Immediate User Feedback: displays coordinate grid, survey direction and 5 stacked profiles of mag data
- Easy to use: produce hard-copy maps within minutes of connection to PC
- Options: Vertical or horizontal gradiometer, GPS positioning, external data logging and console control
The G-858 MagMapper system comprises a belt-mounted display/logging console connected to a Cesium sensor mounted on a handheld counterbalanced staff. The console contains electronics to acquire magnetic field data with position and display it on an LCD screen for review and edit. The console stores high volumes of data in memory. Following the survey the data is transmitted at high speed to a processing computer for detailed analysis.
G-858 Backpack - Unpacking
G-858 Backpack (Field Survey)
G-858GAP Advanced Pack - Unpacking and Installation