- Home »
- What are its advantages over traditional galvanic resistivity meters?
What are its advantages over traditional galvanic resistivity meters?
There are several advantages:
1) The greatest advantage is the speed at which a survey can be completed relative to a traditional resistivity survey using metal stakes in the ground. At an average walking speed 3.6 km/hour (2.2 miles/hour) a 1 km line with data sampling every meter can be done in less than 20 minutes. The amount of time to do multiple lines is greater due to the time it takes to turn around and start another line. However it is still a great time savings over using metal stakes which would take many hours.
2) Since the OhmMapper is capacitively coupled it can be used over concrete, snow, paved surfaces, bare rock, and other areas not practical for planting metal stakes.
3) Because there is no ground contract required there is no contact resistance problem. The survey can be done over ice, dry sand, caliche, etc. without concern for contact resistance problem.
4) The receiver is tuned to a very specific AC transmitter frequency so it is virtually immune to powerline interference and natural telluric current noise.